dog dye
Facebook: Ampaipan Wachaporn

Idiot dyed her dog’s ear off

Stop doing dumb s**t to your dog

A Pomeranian’s ear fell off after the dog had a severe allergic reaction to red hair dye. A Thai woman’s post has gone viral on Facebook after she posted pictures of her dog with only one ear, reports Coconuts Bangkok. The dog owner, Ampaipan Wachaporn, posted a question on her Facebook page when she noticed her dog’s ears started to droop.

The dog named Diffy underwent a 40-minute foil wrap dye process on its ears resulting in saggy ears. Concerned, she took to Facebook to see if that was normal. “Before the dye, my dog’s ears were up. But after I went to the pet store and the dog stylist colored his ear with aluminum foil for 40 minutes without heat. I took him home and his ears turned out like this,” the dog owner said. “They were folded down. The stylist said that I have to wait for two or three days and his ears will recover. Has anybody experienced this before?”

dog dye
Facebook: Ampaipan Wachaporn

Some dog owners gave her advice while others were furious that she would put her dog through such an unnecessary process.

Ampaipan Wachaporn
Facebook: Ampaipan Wachaporn

Even though she was reassured by some that the dog’s ear was going to be okay it didn’t turn out that way. Unfortunately, the dog’s ear fell off. She posted, “Diffy’s left ear is now falling off because of the color dye. There was too much dye on the dog’s ear. It started as typical allergy symptoms like itchiness, burns to the skin, flakiness. But when the scabs from the would fell off, her ear fell off as well. I don’t blame the grooming store but I blame myself for wanting to have his ears dyed.”

Ampaipan Wachaporn
Facebook: Ampaipan Wachaporn

This led to further outrage as many pointed out how harmful human hair dye is to a dog. According to IFL Science, human hair dye contains bleach and other chemicals that could seriously harm the fur of the dog. It’s not just that, dogs will lick their ear resulting in them ingesting the chemicals.

Pinellas County Animal Services warns, “…please do not use hair dye intended for humans to express your pet’s style. Let’s all say that together – Do NOT, under any circumstances, use hair color intended for humans on your pets. Chemicals in hair dye are TOXIC causing a wide array of external injury to your pet – possible burns, blindness and because an animal’s first instinct is to lick, it can cause poisoning or internal burns. Just don’t.”

This lesson was learned the hard way but it seems the dog will be fine, just missing an ear. Does a dog’s ear grow back? I’m guessing no.

Leave a Reply

Loading…

0

Comments

Samuel Chang

Man attacked and choked unconscious by LAFD member wins $7.4 million

Philippines queen

Which Filipino model is the real queen of the Philippines?